Can anyone tell me what these are? Wires Near headlights

Discuss all 1991-1999 BMW e36 Electronic & Lighting related issues here. Whether its a set of custom projector headlights with 4000k HIDs, yellow HID fogs, or just having some trouble getting your car to ignite, post up your questions and comments here.

Can anyone tell me what these are? Wires Near headlights

Postby djlonestarr » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:34 am

So I've been trying to figure out if I can tap in to these to get power for the new angel eyes I got. Any idea what they are?

ImageImageImageImage

The wires seem to run through the same bundle as the headlights/foglights/turn signals

I didn't know if they were supposed to be connectors for city lights?

This is on a 318ic 1995
djlonestarr

Re: Can anyone tell me what these are? Wires Near headlights

Postby JFM325is » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:21 pm

I dont know what the first and last ones are but the yellow one is for your fogs and personally I would link up to that wire for your angle eyes. I dont know if its just me but I love the look of angel eyes and fogs on at the same time and you can turn your fogs on without having to turn on your headlights. badass lol
JFM325is

1994 Fuga

Postby djlonestarr » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:56 pm

but I already have my fog's hooked up? is it a 2nd connector? both of those connectors are located roughly in the same place, just the yellow one wasn't pinned to the underside of the metal with plastic clips. They are also coming from the equivalent bundles from each side but they simply have different colored heads to them. possibly the same things? that would make life a lot easier. I always have the fog lights turned on anyway.
djlonestarr

Postby JFM325is » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:39 pm

hmm interesting, i just looked under my hood and all i could see that are yellow pins are my fogs. Can you see the numbers that are on the connectors? that might give us a better idea of what they would be connected to.
JFM325is

1994 Fuga

Postby Caligula » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:08 pm

The one with a cap is for an option you don't have installed. The other two are for two temperature sensors or windshield washer related.
Caligula
Site Admin

1995 Almera

Return to Audio/Video Entertainment & Custom Lighting