e36-tech.com • View topic - HID High Beam Fail

HID High Beam Fail

Discuss all 1991-1999 BMW e36 Electronic & Lighting related issues here. Whether its a set of custom projector headlights with 4000k HIDs, yellow HID fogs, or just having some trouble getting your car to ignite, post up your questions and comments here.

HID High Beam Fail

Postby sprankton/e36 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:11 pm

I recently purchased DEPO HID headlights 35W ddm ballast with thin line angel eyes from DDM tuning. After I installed the headlights exactly the same way, the passenger side high beam wont work but all the others will. I noticed a rattle in the passenger side headlight assembly. Help me out?
Sprankton:
Definition: A disease you get from chewing too much.
sprankton/e36

1999 Pintara

Re: HID High Beam Fail

Postby Caligula » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:58 am

Check the bulb and the connections. Did you cut and solder the wires, or just wrap them up to shorten the length. DDM is known for being 9 out of 10 with quality, you may have gotten the one in 10. If its within a year, you should be able to get replacement bulbs or ballasts.
Caligula
Site Admin

1995 Almera

HID High Beam Fail

Postby sprankton/e36 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:38 pm

I have swapped out the two high beam bulbs to confirm it isn't the bulb and indeed it isn't I did not solder any wires i only spliced the one wire running to the daytime running lights to turn the angel eye on. I'm looking at swapping the wiring inside up a little bit to hopefully fix the issue. There is one bulb connection that serves as a ground for the low beam and im thinking i can switch the low beam ground connection for the high beam connection and presto it works. any thoughts?
Sprankton:
Definition: A disease you get from chewing too much.
sprankton/e36

1999 Pintara

Re: HID High Beam Fail

Postby Mattk07 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:45 am

I've been looking to buy the DEPO headlights from DDM tuning as well. How much did you end up paying for the set after shipping and how long did it take?

These are the ones you bought right?
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/E36-D ... s-Included

If all goes well, can you post a few pictures?

Also, (I'm a total noob), is installing the hid's and the angel eyes difficult/a pain in the ass?
Mattk07

1998 Figaro

Return to Audio/Video Entertainment & Custom Lighting