e36-tech.com • View topic - Xenon HID Angel Eyes installed

Xenon HID Angel Eyes installed

Discuss all 1991-1999 BMW e36 Electronic & Lighting related issues here. Whether its a set of custom projector headlights with 4000k HIDs, yellow HID fogs, or just having some trouble getting your car to ignite, post up your questions and comments here.

Postby termzy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:15 pm

I recently picked up a set of glass xenon HID angel eye headlights for a good price from DV8 Performance. I called MrSickSense the day of to help me install the set. Whole install was fairly easy, even thou it was both of our first times installing xenons. Hardest thing was finding a location to put the two large ballast boxes that looked flesh and clean. Only thing that we did that did take some time, and wiring was to wire the angel eyes to a fuse in the fuse box that was on whenever the key was either on accessory, or ignition mode. Reason being was to have my angel eye rings on as day time lights. Other than that everything was plug and play. FYI BE CAREFUL REMOVING YOUR CORNERS. lol we snapped one of mine in the process. Over all it took us about 4 hours to install the set, and to clean up and hide all the excess wiring. The difference from stock reflecting bowl halogen to a xenon projecting headlight is night and day. Be sure to also buy the protection film to protect your glass covers if you buy a set of xenon conversions. Shout out to MrSickSense for helping me out. :getmoney
Attachments
1111photo 2.jpg
1111photo 2.jpg (65.65 KiB) Viewed 767 times
111photo 1.jpg
111photo 1.jpg (71.99 KiB) Viewed 767 times
///E36 98' Alpine White 328i
Out of darkness cometh light
termzy

1998 Lafesta

Postby MrSickSense » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:25 pm

termzy wrote:FYI BE CAREFUL REMOVING YOUR CORNERS. lol we snapped one of mine in the process.

:word
For anyone who tries this, make sure the headlights are loosened for removal and installation of the corners. Other than that everything is plug and play.
'96 ///M3 Techno Violet 5 spd
"Any car that merely takes you from A to B does not go far enough." - August Horch
MrSickSense

1996 Leopard

Re: Xenon HID Angel Eyes installed

Postby JFM325is » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:51 pm

nice
JFM325is

1994 Fuga

Return to Audio/Video Entertainment & Custom Lighting