Bosch Lights

Discuss all 1991-1999 BMW e36 Electronic & Lighting related issues here. Whether its a set of custom projector headlights with 4000k HIDs, yellow HID fogs, or just having some trouble getting your car to ignite, post up your questions and comments here.

Bosch Lights

Postby petrol_boy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:31 pm

I was going to cheap out and upgrade my really bad US headlights to DJ Auto or Depo projectors (no HID). I had already refinished my plastic lights once with wet sanding and polishing. The more reading I did, the better it appeared I would be if I just dropped cash on a set of Bosch projectors. Trying to stay frugal I hunted on eBay for possibly even a set of nice used Bosch lights. It seemed like the used Bosch still went for several hundred dollars. $300-400+ appeared to be the price of ones without broken tabs.

I came up with the idea to look on eBay UK. After stumbling across the first set of lights I liked, I asked the seller if he was willing to ship to Canada. He said, "sure".I placed my bid and since I was the only bidder I easily won. Here is what I paid.

Sadly shipping to Canada was 2x the price of the lights. Still worth it. $150 for a nice set of used Bosch including corners (which I can sell). The only other downside is they are missing the back covers for the low beams.

Installed them today

I still need to align them properly. Clear corners to come eventually.
petrol_boy

Re: Bosch Lights

Postby Pedro McLopez » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Be cautious they came from UK where they drive on the opposite side of the road so the throw of the lo beam may shine in the eyes of on comming traffic when you are on the other side of the road.
They may have come from a european car that was changed for UK and be ok but check it out.
I have had to go past really good deals on headlights for my BMW K bikes because we drive on the opposite side to Europe and North America.
Pedro McLopez

Postby petrol_boy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:06 pm

The uptick you are referring to is very easily changed. In my case from the right to the left.

Simply loosen 3 screws lift and rotate to R/D for left hand drive.

Here is what mine looks like after switching.
petrol_boy

Postby M-technik-3 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:14 am

Exactly, they are swap-able. I sell them and ZKW and Hella's for roughly 150 to 200 here in the US. I drag them home from Germany when I travel through.

I sold three sets last month.
M-technik-3

Postby Pedro McLopez » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Well thats good to know, thanks for the info. It should be so easy with their bikes.
Pedro McLopez

Return to Audio/Video Entertainment & Custom Lighting