Speaker Advice On Orion 4004 Amp

Discuss all 1991-1999 BMW e36 Electronic & Lighting related issues here. Whether its a set of custom projector headlights with 4000k HIDs, yellow HID fogs, or just having some trouble getting your car to ignite, post up your questions and comments here.

Speaker Advice On Orion 4004 Amp

Postby DEFKON99 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Ok looking for some Input as im no pro when it comes to Car Audio...

This is what I have:
400 Watts 4 Channel Power Amplifier With Crossover

What would be the best Setup to go with 4 Ohms or 2 ? I plan to Run a set of Tri-way components up front and 2 speakers in the back. And what would be a good setup MID for the rear? Tweeters? wtf ?

4 X 50 @ 4 Ohm
4 X 100 @ 2 Ohm
2 X 200 @ 4 Ohm
Intelli Bass variable bass equalization
2-way active selectable crossovers and high-level inputs
Copy/Master feature supports high-pass, low-pass, or bandpass configuration and gain matching for multiple amp systems
Selectable 2/4 channel input
12/24 dB/octave variable low-pass filter (channel 5) and remote gain option
Heavy gauge direct-wire high current satin finish power and speaker terminals
Edge one looks like that stupid cube you buy to reset the brake pistons on doo doo cars -Proctor750

DEFKON99
Site Admin

1993 BMW 3 Series

Re: Speaker Advice On Orion 4004 Amp

Postby Jay@Extremeauto » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:30 am

Can I give you some advice?

Depending on how clean sounding of a setup you want at what power levels I would say the following that would be the most efficient for the E36 in my opinion. Your amp running at 4 ohms is giving an output of 50w rms correct? If so look for a set of Pioneer TSD 4" for the rear removing the 4" component setup in the rear or 4" speakers. This will provide some rear fill but for the front speakers I would go with something along the lines of a TSD component setup which come with crossovers. This setup paired up will provide enough fill for now until you want to update your amp to a different setup. All the speakers are running an RMS between 35-50rms. If wanted and you want to buy/build adapters you can go with 6x9 tsd in the rear for proper interior fill. Obviously using proper gauge stereo wire to run to your amplifier and a good set of RCAs from your headunit to your amp and please use a minimum of 4 gauge. If really desired 8 gauge but I tend to stick with 4 gauge for power and ground to the amp.

BTW all the pioneer speakers listed are running a 4ohm just for example.
3 way components are a nice direction to go but what I remember from the E36 4 door I had here they were something like 2.25 or 2.75" speakers so modification was needed for 3" speakers.

Jay
Jay@Extremeauto

Return to Audio/Video Entertainment & Custom Lighting