Audio Solutions for the E36

Discuss all 1991-1999 BMW e36 Electronic & Lighting related issues here. Whether its a set of custom projector headlights with 4000k HIDs, yellow HID fogs, or just having some trouble getting your car to ignite, post up your questions and comments here.

Audio Solutions for the E36

Postby Jay@Extremeauto » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Hello everyone!

I was thinking on selling a speaker bundle for the E36 crowd here.
For this forum it would be a 5.25 front components with either 4" or 6x9 rear speaker upgrade bundle for you E30 at a good price and could either be with Pioneers, Infinities or Kickers. I do have more brands if wanted like Focal and JL Audio!

Would this be of interest on the forum? Also if needed I would be willing to fit these in the car or if needed rewire etc etc.

Interest??

Jay
Jay@Extremeauto

Re: Audio Solutions for the E36

Postby JFM325is » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:58 am

I would be interested to see the pricing. Right now my audio is jerry rigged so I'm always opened to options.
JFM325is

1994 Fuga

Postby Jay@Extremeauto » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:39 pm

JFM325is wrote:I would be interested to see the pricing. Right now my audio is jerry rigged so I'm always opened to options.

Well I am trying to put together speaker packages that will be around every price range. I am looking at between $180.00 all the way up, from Pioneer and Infinity all the way to JL Audio and Focal.

What is your price range that you would want to be at?
Also would you be interested in rewiring the car as it would be ideal and bypass the factory AMP and if you would like in the future or now I would even AMP the interior speakers to get the most out of your system.
Jay@Extremeauto

Postby JFM325is » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:12 pm

I am interested in a rewire but I like to do everything to my car. I dont know where you are located but if I could help in the process of the rewire then I def would be interested. I really dont have much money at the moment I could probably afford something around the 200-400 range.
JFM325is

1994 Fuga

Postby Jay@Extremeauto » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:25 pm

JFM325is wrote:I am interested in a rewire but I like to do everything to my car. I dont know where you are located but if I could help in the process of the rewire then I def would be interested. I really dont have much money at the moment I could probably afford something around the 200-400 range.

I may be quite far away as I am located in Keyport NJ.
As for the rewire its quite simple to do depending on what setup and how you would like to approach it.

To start I would recommend the Pioneer TSA/TSD series as Pioneers speakers these days seem to be more and more impressive with the sound quality they produce.
The TSD 5.25 components up front with the tweeter mounted in its stock location and ditch the 2.75 mid and mount you 5.25 mid down below.
The TSD 4" in the rear if you would like to maintain a 4" in the rear but if you would like to upgrade to a 6x9 in the rear for even better fill and a more developed sound stage.

this package would be $200

Now if you wanted to amplify everything this is when I would go with a rewire.

For the Pioneer TSD package plus Rockford Fosgate multichannel amp and amp kit that would be $470
For the Pioneer TSA package plus Rockford Fosgate multichannel amp and amp kit that would be $400

For the Pioneer TSD package alone it would be $200
For the Pioneer TSA package alone it would be $179
These above are with a 4" driver, again I would recommend a 6x9 to get a perfect fill in the interior.

Now rewiring up the interior is very simple if you dont mind removing panels to run your speaker wire to the amp in the trunk and your RCAs and amp remote wire from the rear of the head unit to the trunk. Other than that you just have to run your positive wire from the amp to the battery and your ground and this is simple. My kits include a 100 amp inline breaker and 10 gauge wire to be safe. I personally dont use any 8 gauge on any of my installs. I could also include speaker wire too but this is just an example of what you would do for the interior of your E36 minus a sub woofer to fill in the lows as the pioneers supply very warm and clear mids and highs in this setup running of an amp. They use a poly tweeter so your vocals are clear with no tinny noise or over sharpness.

Are you running an aftermarket headunit yet? I hope this info helps.

Jay
Jay@Extremeauto

Return to Audio/Video Entertainment & Custom Lighting