Active Autowerke E36?

Discuss general and Technical 1991 - 1999 BMW e36 Turbocharging & Supercharging information & questions here. pppppssssssssssssstttttt! Whether its building up that nasty Euro S52 for mild boost or prepping that that non-vanos m50 for 30lbs of boost, share your experiences, tips, and build threads here.

Active Autowerke E36?

Postby SAMNEALSAMNEAL » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Alright so i'm looking into getting my first E36. My previous car was a 96 w202 Mercedes C220, so i'm familiar with the segment since the w202 C-Class directly competed with the E36 3-series.

Recently on craigslist i came across a listing for a 95 or 96 (i can't remember which) 325i with the Active Autowerke stage 1 supercharger kit. It also has a UUC short shift kit and a few suspension mods but those aren't my primary concern. Before i go ahead and buy the car, i just wanted to see what you guys know/think about the Active Autowerke kit. It puts out impressive numbers but i'd like a little information about it's reliability, usability, and how much stress it puts on the engine and tranny.

Thanks for any info you can offer!
SAMNEALSAMNEAL

Active Autowerke E36?

Postby SAMNEALSAMNEAL » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:24 pm

here is the actual listing:
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/2081225097.html

any advice would be much apprecitated. i don't want to buy this without approval from some people who know their stuff.
SAMNEALSAMNEAL

Re: Active Autowerke E36?

Postby DEFKON99 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Looks good on the outside butt that Salvaged title raises some questions and really hurts the value of the car, Like they Say You Can Polish a turd. Really if you have that kiind of money Id say just go for an M3 they also make the Saloon if your looking for 4 doors. IMO id keep looking.
Edge one looks like that stupid cube you buy to reset the brake pistons on doo doo cars -Proctor750

DEFKON99
Site Admin

1993 BMW 3 Series

Re: Active Autowerke E36?

Postby SAMNEALSAMNEAL » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:13 pm

i have been looking at M3's too but the right deal just hasn't come along yet. the salvage title was my major concern about this one though. i don't really care about what it'll do to the value because i plan to have this car for the long haul, but i worry if there was more significant damage to the car than the seller lets on. i'm gonna take a closer look at it and drive it in the next couple weeks and then i'll make a decision.
SAMNEALSAMNEAL

Return to FI - Forced Induction