Auto Detailing Process & Techniques

Discussion For All 1991 - 1999 BMW E36 Specific Interior & Exterior Related Topics. Lets see those custom alcantara headliners, ///M stiched steering wheels and boots, those sexy Recaro Racing seats, high rise LTW wings, and lots of carbon fiber.

Re: Auto Detailing Process & Techniques

Postby ivopivo » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:09 am

GvilleCayman wrote:What's your opinion on these expensive (like $200+) waxes? Are they actually that much better or what?

Sorry for the late reply... I'm no wax expert by any means but I don't think you get any benefit from some of the higher end waxes. I've used a few that were in the $300-500 range and have stuck with P21S Concours Paste wax... The expensive waxes were simply more expensive I believe and while they may give a bit better glow/shine/etc. (I didn't notice any and neither do people randomly testing stuff like this all over the world... if they do it's very rare) I would still not be able to justify the price. There are many respected detailers using high end waxes and liking them much better but it's not something I would recommend. I firmly believe and can easily prove that 90-95% of the shine/glow/depth/etc is in the prep/polishing and a wax/sealant might add some extra shine but not much.
-Ivan
LUSTR Auto Detailing
ivopivo

Auto Detailing Process Techniques

Postby Kamgrisa » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:19 am

John

Im still looking to buy a Mangusta but since Ive been driving a paddle car for 6 years now Im ruluctant to go back to the clutch. However, what kind of performance reduction can I expect from the auto version? 0-60??? Qtr mile??

Regards,
Kamgrisa

Re: Auto Detailing Process & Techniques

Postby Gregorybar » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:48 pm

Gregorybar

Previous

Return to Vehicle Trim & Bodywork