Looking for some feedback

Be up on the latest news from E36-tech and share your suggestions with the staff.

Re: Looking for some feedback

Postby GotCone? » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:04 pm

I forgot to mention that being on the first page on google is no easy feat. Since you guys were already on there #5 when you posted this and are now #3... there is nothing from an SEO standpoint that will make a HUGE difference to get you higher on the list.

Still worth exploring if you want to be #1, but the lift will be minimal at this point if you're already this high up the list.

FWIW... My $0.02

I like this forum and want to see it grow... it has a similar feel and persona to E30-tech which I was on before this. It is much nicer than the E36 section on BF as well.

Jon
GotCone?

Postby fcvapor05 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:09 pm

thats what we like to hear- that you like it here and want to see us grow.
There are only 3 real sports in this world: bull fighting, mountain climbing, and motor racing. The rest are just games. -Ernest Hemingway
fcvapor05

Postby Volfinator » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:28 pm

Sweet. Now we gotta get all the web heads together and turn them loose on the coding...
Volfinator

1995 Leopard

Postby fcvapor05 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:21 pm

Im dialing my big red phone as we speak.
There are only 3 real sports in this world: bull fighting, mountain climbing, and motor racing. The rest are just games. -Ernest Hemingway
fcvapor05

Postby ali » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:30 pm

It's not an SEO quick fix...rather a good page restructuring. Search engines use the following to index pages :

1) page title
2) h1, h2, h3, h4, h5 tags
3) p, and a few other tags

you are right however, content and referring links are the biggest to get noticed on google, but we have already been cached in google and we have the following products, all provided by google...

google analytics, google sitemap (submitted to google through webmaster tools, over 5000 indexed pages), and even google apps (email, sites, cal..etc.)

on top of all that we have the forum as the homepage. Which is actually the best type of content, it did much better than the website we had with LOTS of content and keyword usage. When I added the term "e36" to all of the forum and sub forum descriptions, we literally jumped up 5spots in google ranking for "e36 forum". We are probably not going to get any higher for e36 forum, and I have yet to attempt other keywords.

We are looking into some social/new media marketing right now, via myspace, youtube, flickr, facebook, etc.

I am going to attempt some keywords very soon though. I think adding BMW to more places in the forum will help us out.

-Ali
+Blue Eyed Media+
Destroyer...DestroyHER
ali

1988 810

Previous

Return to Site News and Suggestions