New things in store for e36-tech

Be up on the latest news from E36-tech and share your suggestions with the staff.

Postby ali » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:01 pm

RSS Feeds (so the posts can come to you instead of the other way around.) < DONE! Read Info here
Monthly/weekly mass emails for all members with updates
More sponsors (hopefully)
More tech blog/news (might also have rss feed)
More members (we always love new peeps)
Facebook Account (Will help with SEO and getting exposure for the site) <-- DONE! Added, click the facebook icon next to the rss icon!

and most of all some more activity from me. I apologize for those of you who have been waiting so patiently for the cards and decals. For those still waiting on decals, if you like, I will buy you an e36-tech shirt. My way of saying, sorry for being such a shitty admin and friend. :(

Work and school has been bending me over the table for a long time, with the holidays coming I have some more spare time. I just wanted to apologize to ya'll and let you know that I am sorry for being such a dick and not posting. Please email me with any questions or concerns you may have. Thanks!

-Ali
+Blue Eyed Media+
Destroyer...DestroyHER
ali

1988 810

Re: New things in store for e36-tech

Postby Patrón » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:21 pm

school should be more important than anything else. srsly. the rest will take care of it's self.
AG
TRM custom sw~Eurosport carbon 3.5 CAI~Euro 3.5 hfm~21.5# inj.~ BMP merged headers~Eurosport pullies~AAtrackpipe~UUC catback~Zimmerman xdrilled~Axxis pads~Bilstein/H&R sport~GC shims & 96+rtabs~3.38 Motorsport lsd
Patrón

Postby Caligula » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:44 am

Tech importance > *

There has been some slowing in production the past few months, for what im sure involves the current economic conditions on some level for all of us. Not only has this affected the staff, but notice the general drop in activity as the economy has gotten worse. Putting money into a toy like a fine German automobile will always be second to your home and family. Glad to see that there are still plans in the works. I hope that all our members know that even though we may not have the time or ability to constantly keep content going here, that we are always watching and are ready to be of assistance. :mrgreen:
Caligula
Site Admin

1995 Almera

Postby DEFKON99 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:20 am

Patrón wrote:school should be more important than anything else. srsly. the rest will take care of it's self.
AG

:word
Edge one looks like that stupid cube you buy to reset the brake pistons on doo doo cars -Proctor750

DEFKON99
Site Admin

1993 BMW 3 Series

Postby ali » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:53 pm

well cross one off the list e36-tech officially has an RSS FEED!

Just click this little icon in the navigation just under the banner : Image

Below is a vid explaining RSS Feeds, trust me, this saves HOURS of time lol.

-Ali
+Blue Eyed Media+
Destroyer...DestroyHER
ali

1988 810

Postby BeachBum » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:12 am

Ali, I love you, Thank you for finally having something to explain to me what RSS and XML and all that crap is. I've never taken the time to figure it out for myself. Thanks!
'94 325iS/S50 "Black on Black" R.I.P. :(
Caligula wrote:
Patrón wrote:that sucks bro, didn't you just get a new radioator?
This IS the new radiator. :gtfosign :fail :ban?
BeachBum

Postby ali » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:03 am

BeachBum wrote:Ali, I love you, Thank you for finally having something to explain to me what RSS and XML and all that crap is. I've never taken the time to figure it out for myself. Thanks!

No problem man. That's what I am here for :D . FWIW, I love Google Reader and I use it for all my rss feeds. I am hoping to add individual RSS feeds per forum. we will see though.

-Ali
+Blue Eyed Media+
Destroyer...DestroyHER
ali

1988 810

Postby coldaccord » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:30 pm

what is it going to take for this forum to expand? lately i've only been logging on once a week, and there's still only 1 page of new posts

i like r3v for the informative posts, large number of members, entertainment in all aspects, etc.

I'd like to see that in an e36 forum. what is needed/

WTB: wheels & suspension. and a wrecked e36 m3 ASAP (cash in hand)
coldaccord

Postby ali » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:58 pm

You tell me man. We have been trying to get this thing running for about a year now. We need members and we need people that care. We have a good group of guys that care about this forum, but you have to realize we are competing with the largest BMW forum in the world, and e36 guys out number everyone on bimmerforums, so they own that place. They don't feel the need to come to the tech, which is cool. We don't want them to leave bimmerforums, we just want them to come visit us every once in a while lol.

-Ali
+Blue Eyed Media+
Destroyer...DestroyHER
ali

1988 810

Postby ali » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:49 am

added facebook page for e36-tech!!!! To visit our facebook click on the little icon next to the rss icon under the banner. Looks like this : Image

-Ali
+Blue Eyed Media+
Destroyer...DestroyHER
ali

1988 810

Postby Volfinator » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:22 pm

Sweet!
Volfinator

1995 Leopard

Return to Site News and Suggestions