West Texas SCCA suspension setup guide

You may have all the Go, but its not going to help you without the Stop and Turn functions of your E36. Make sure it grips for dear life when you push it with the stiffest springs and thickest strut braces. Discuss all 1992-1999 BMW 3 series Suspension, Steering, and Braking related issues here.

West Texas SCCA suspension setup guide

Postby Caligula » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:36 am

Im sure most of you all have seen or used this guide in the past. Though for those newcomers who are looking for a simple, straightforward explanation of what the adjustments on their performance suspension setup will invoke on the driving experience, i would like to share this guide with you. Published by the West Texas SCCA, this at a glance guide will help you to determine what needs to be done to get the car feeling how you want it to.

http://www.wtrscca.org/tech.htm
Caligula
Site Admin

1995 Almera

Re: West Texas SCCA suspension setup guide

Postby ali » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:59 pm

not a bad guide for beginners. I really want to go to school and study suspension design. I think I really want to try to get into that program that hennessy is running. That tuner school. looks like it would be a lot of fun.

-Ali
+Blue Eyed Media+
Destroyer...DestroyHER
ali

1988 810

Postby 94bmw325i » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:54 pm

I am new to auto x's, but does a lot of that info hold true for FWD,AWD, and RWD cars? I have only done a street survival event in my vw golf with a little suspension work, but next step is definetely an auto x in the next few weeks when I dont work.
94bmw325i

1994 Fairlady

Postby Volfinator » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:01 pm

Good info. Especially for a suspension no0b like me
Volfinator

1995 Leopard

Return to Suspension, Steering, and Brakes