Update 4/20 *Project: APESHIT* Build discussion

Want someplace to tell about all the plastic parts you broke doing your interior swap? Or what about the pics of your foot after you dropped your transmission on it? Post up the epic project threads here from all the days you've spent working on your E36.

Update 4/20 *Project: APESHIT* Build discussion

Postby Volfinator » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:59 pm

So I got bored today and put together an excel spreadsheet with all the maintenance and modifications left to do before my Apeshit M3 project is done.

$19.8k

Fuck me. Talk about discouraging seeing that huge number, it makes me want to stop right now and use the money for something else... mainly the e46 M3 that is looming in my inevitable future...

A large part of that total is a re-spray. I guestimated 5k for a decent paint job. So this huge total means that project Apeshit M3 will now take 2 years. Because there is no way in hell I'm dropping 19k on this car in a single year. Not only will this money be basically lost forever, it is a terrible investment. I thought about all of this, and I decided...

:getmoney I'm young and I'm gonna enjoy myself

This winter will be tranny swap, suspension refresh and TC Kline suspension. As far as engine work goes, I'm not sure yet, well see how the credit cards and the bank account is looking come the end of winter. Maybe I'll slap a stage 1 turbo kit in there if I have the funds, otherwise I might end up going with some sunbelts or something like that. Plus add the fact that I'm really not sure what I wanna do as far as the engine goes yet, and its all up in the air. A huge part of me wants a turbo though, that might end up being the end result if I can afford it.
Volfinator

1995 Leopard

Re: ***Project: APESHIT*** Official Bulid thread

Postby fcvapor05 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:01 pm

Dude... AST suspension. Srsly.
There are only 3 real sports in this world: bull fighting, mountain climbing, and motor racing. The rest are just games. -Ernest Hemingway
fcvapor05

Postby Volfinator » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:08 pm

What? No way. TC Kline FTMFW
Volfinator

1995 Leopard

Postby fcvapor05 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:11 pm

:(

Weellllllll... ok.
There are only 3 real sports in this world: bull fighting, mountain climbing, and motor racing. The rest are just games. -Ernest Hemingway
fcvapor05

Postby Volfinator » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:16 pm

:D I need monies
Volfinator

1995 Leopard

Postby fcvapor05 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:18 pm

Lolz. Dont we all.

Whatcha thinkin for swaybarbs atm?
fcvapor05

Postby Volfinator » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:36 pm

Haven't even touched that yet. No idea.
Volfinator

1995 Leopard

Postby fcvapor05 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:41 pm

:word
fcvapor05

Postby loonibab///m3 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:21 am

UUC Sway barbarian sway bars ftw. They work, they are cheap, andddddd yeah.. pretty much it :D

but yeah, a paint job shouldn't cost you 5 k, well, it can easily cost you 5k and more, but paint jobs are sooo easy to get hooked up on you just gota be patient and find the right place, ask all your friends if they know anyone.. and b4 you get a paint job done make sure to make the paint shop sign a contract.

I got my paint job done on my e30 for $2200, that's FULL body work, hail damage, and side skirts, and valances.

All that was for $2200.. This same paint job could have cost me over 10k, but i was patient and i waited to find the right place, granted.. this place took 2-3 months for them to complete the paint job, it was 1000000% worth it. Not trying to steal your thread but just letting you know if you wait and search around you can EASILY get your car painted for around the same price as i did. Again, make sure u get them to sign a contract, state what u want exactly, and say u want no drips, spots, or anything abnormal etc etc...

Sunbelt cams would be tits ,but man, for a LITTLE more $ you can go FI..

6 speeddddddddddd pls :(

TC Kline is good and affordable, i'd stick with them.

You made a good decision, glad your gona keep the baby :D

PS. go big or go home!

-Abe.
sirius680 (Caligula): ok, how the hell do i bump a e36tech thread with a e36tech logo in my sig WITHOUT looking suspicious
loonibab///m3

1997 Almera

Postby fcvapor05 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:23 am

Abe, what kind of shape was your E30 in when you dropped it off? Did you bodywork it yourself?
fcvapor05

Postby Volfinator » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:07 pm

If I can get a paint job for 2200 I'll be fucking shocked.

I think the car is staying N/A 3k isn't a LITTLE more money for F/I
Volfinator

1995 Leopard

Postby loonibab///m3 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:17 pm

fcvapor05 wrote:Abe, what kind of shape was your E30 in when you dropped it off? Did you bodywork it yourself?

I didn't do shit, and it was in horrible cond (paint wise) it had hail damage, dents and dings EVERYWHERE, look how much body work was put on that car..

Volfinator wrote:If I can get a paint job for 2200 I'll be fucking shocked.

I think the car is staying N/A 3k isn't a LITTLE more money for F/I

You can, just be patient and play your cards right.

And if you want to spend around 2k for around 50 more hp, go right ahead lol. <- jeeze i sound like a hypocrite.

-Abe.
sirius680 (Caligula): ok, how the hell do i bump a e36tech thread with a e36tech logo in my sig WITHOUT looking suspicious
loonibab///m3

1997 Almera

Postby Caligula » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Volfinator wrote:What? No way. TC Kline FTMFW

Quoted for 100% accuracy.

5k for a paint job? Theres no reason you should have to pay more then 2500 for a good paint job. Ideally under 1500 if you have connections. Sounds like the shops you have been getting quotes from are either used to ballers that come in and dropping 10k on a car, or their just trying to straight out fuck you.
Caligula
Site Admin

1995 Almera

Postby fcvapor05 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:14 pm

Caligula wrote:5k for a paint job? Theres no reason you should have to pay more then 2500 for a good paint job. Ideally under 1500 if you have connections. Sounds like the shops you have been getting quotes from are either used to ballers that come in and dropping 10k on a car, or their just trying to straight out fuck you.

Definately, especially if your car is close to straight to begin with. Judging by what I have seen of your M3, it is in very good shape and shouldn't need very much bodywork.
fcvapor05

Postby Volfinator » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:17 pm

fcvapor05 wrote:
Caligula wrote:5k for a paint job? Theres no reason you should have to pay more then 2500 for a good paint job. Ideally under 1500 if you have connections. Sounds like the shops you have been getting quotes from are either used to ballers that come in and dropping 10k on a car, or their just trying to straight out fuck you.

Definately, especially if your car is close to straight to begin with. Judging by what I have seen of your M3, it is in very good shape and shouldn't need very much bodywork.

Body wise I've got 1 door ding on the passenger door and a set of 3 small dings from when a buddy dropped a 6pack on my roof right by the a-pillar. Can't even see any of the dings unless you move around to get the light just right. Very small stuff.
Volfinator

1995 Leopard

Next

Return to Member Projects