Happiness Is: Clutch-kickin' an E36!

Want someplace to tell about all the plastic parts you broke doing your interior swap? Or what about the pics of your foot after you dropped your transmission on it? Post up the epic project threads here from all the days you've spent working on your E36.

Re: Happiness Is: Clutch-kickin' an E36!

Postby Caligula » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:35 am

Im no fan of huge attention grabbing wings either, unless they're functional, and that wing is 100% functional.
Caligula
Site Admin

1995 Almera

Postby euro2fast4u » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:19 am

yea i like the wing too, sinister is the perfect word for that car. btw if you have some free time put a pressure sensor between the latch and the trunk deck. drive with the wing and then put the old trunk deck on and try again at different speeds i would be interested on how much DF you are actually getting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAdBeu3Z-Vw
"im gonna fuck the integral of your pussy with the derivative of my dick"
euro2fast4u

1993 Fairlady

Postby FABEL » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:58 pm

^ your comments in functionality, absolutely true. like I said, you can EASILY feel this thing pushing down even at 45mph on backroads & my angles I get when pullin' the ebrake is much smoother/ predictable. so I don't even question its looks anymore, but I will 'test' it at some point for ya's.

& you guys are right with the sinister comments, but that just tells me I :fail , because my attempt in working on this car was vastly different. I wanted the coupe to be OEM+ & look like it could be owned by a mature 40yr. old that just happens to get tracked on multiple weekends & go sideways during the radio commercials. oh well.

euro2fast4u wrote:i like those seats are they vaders? also what year is yours? its not a m is it?

no, they're the lux package seats. leather, heated, electric. the car's a '93 & a 325i. I mostly focus on suspension, but it's put down 196rwhp off of the standard 3 bolt-ons.
FABEL

Postby FABEL » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:50 am

did you guys say 'sinister'? :mrgreen:

FABEL

Postby DEFKON99 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:43 am

I think the Standard M Wing looks best , I mean the real high Wings just makes me think Shopping Cart... Unless i See it at the track.
Edge one looks like that stupid cube you buy to reset the brake pistons on doo doo cars -Proctor750

DEFKON99
Site Admin

1993 BMW 3 Series

Postby st3althbeam328i » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Looks good! Welcome to the tech!
4/96 328i Sport Saloon OBD1 AlpinawiessIII My Build Blog! http://mbuild.blogspot.com/
st3althbeam328i

1996 BMW

Postby FABEL » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:49 pm

^ thanks.

DEFKON99 wrote:I think the Standard M Wing looks best ... Unless i See it at the track.

I agree & glad someone replied this. if you read my earlier post, I'm lucky enough to have 2 different trunks. this one's only meant for on course, but it's just so damn fun that I'll probably rock it for this summer & then resort back to my original mindset of bolting on the full trunk only at track.

either way, the best part is . . . it's all OEM & it's all functional.
FABEL

Postby FABEL » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:37 pm

this will probably be the last photo of my car with the foglights installed. I get comments on them all the time, but to me they take away from the actual headlight assembly. they're brighter than any other set I've ever seen, but I just feel the halos are more signature BMW than any distracting foglight could be.

besides, they're too close to the ground & get hit/ cracked often enough as it is. I'll either go with blanks or these from WSTO: http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/wh ... ber/Detail

FABEL

Postby 4banger » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:10 pm

we need more pics!
spec stage1 clutch, ltw flywheel, raceland coilovers, welded diff, dinan chip Image
4banger

Postby JFM325is » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:52 pm

FABEL wrote:in regards to the wing:

I know it's not for everyone; in fact, I've owned it for over a year before ever mounting it. I never cared to use it unless it was going to be a functional piece. my buddy got upset at seeing it sit in storage all this time & so we decided to just throw it on for the weekend that a bunch of us were all goin' to cruise & hit the backroads. so I did.

the absolute best part about this wing is that I stumbled upon its sale off of another cosmos M3 that was being parted. I got the trunk, the wing, & perfectly matching paint for an extremely good price. I was so scared it would sell to the next guy that seen it, so I reclined my seat & spent 30min. trying to stuff the beotch while the seller videotaped me & laughed.

I can dramatically feel my rear-end planted at even 45mph. it's newly installed & so I haven't been able to review it on an actual course, but let me tell you that I've refallen in love with taking on/ off ramps with this thing. I can't believe the thrust it gives my car or how much it frees up my concentration to steering alone.

also, I look at it like a porsche whale tail - it's functional & just belongs on the car, it's part of the chassis & handling characteristics. & the best part is, if I wanna ditch it, I'm only 4 bolts away & 1 wire connection from a more subtle look with the car.

WHAT IS YOUR SHIFTER SETUP!?!?! i want my shift knob to be that "deep" into my shift boot. PLEASE TELL ME!! Oh your car is the background on my computer now btw
JFM325is

1994 Fuga

Postby BMW03 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:59 pm

That is a beautiful whip.
BMW03

1992 Fairlady

Postby DirtyDrew » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:44 pm

im diggin the roof rack, that would be pretty dope to have on a roadtrip
yea, its missing the door trim in this photo, and the emblems, and wiper arms lol
DirtyDrew

Postby kalib0y » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:49 am

Sick ride. I remember seeing it on BF.c. Welcome to the Tech
95 5.7L 16V E36 M3
Race and Street stud Conversion kits ---> http://www.motorsporthardware.com
LIKE my Facebook Page!!!--->http://www.facebook.com/motorsporthardware
kalib0y

Postby FABEL » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:49 pm

shifter setup - OEM Z3 short throw topped off with an OEM ZHP shift knob. throws are dramatically reduced without the typical short throw notchiness of aftermarket companies like UUC, only costs $72, & aids in retaining BMW parts on my build rather than immediately jumping to aftermarket companies for my build.

roof rack - is only used on necessary trips & track events. it's great to unbolt it & leave in the pits with all of your tools in one spot instead of looking like a fleamarket of random equipment spiratically placed all over.

kalib0y wrote:Sick ride. I remember seeing it on BF.c. Welcome to the Tech

wow Ryan, what a privilage to have my car recognized by such a high-end OG in the E36 world. thanks over & over!

I've been lurking bimmer sites since the days of Jon Sibal, Mono, Geoff, Vlad, TJ, & Azevedo; of course kaliboy was right in there amongst the legends, so again, thank you so very much. I really do have very deep pride in this chassis & try to use it to it's fullest.
FABEL

Previous

Return to Member Projects