Twichel04's 325is

Want someplace to tell about all the plastic parts you broke doing your interior swap? Or what about the pics of your foot after you dropped your transmission on it? Post up the epic project threads here from all the days you've spent working on your E36.

Twichel04's 325is

Postby Twichel04 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:11 pm

The name's Rich. I'm new here and new to the BMW world. I have been lurking here for about a week, on other sites as well, looking for the most informative forum I could find. I am (and have been) a Mercedes fan most of my driving life. I have owned a total of 7 older Benz' but this is my first Bimmer (well the first one that I have had longer than a day, haha). However I am not unfamiliar with the inner workings of Bimmers or most other cars, for that matter as I am a mechanic by trade and have worked for local European shops.

Anyway, on to the car-

Its a 1994 325is. 2 door coupe, 5spd with a stage 2 clutch and a fairly stiff sport suspension. I have owned it for two and a half weeks and have already replaced the starter, LCA bushings, rear strut mounts (all the bushings on this car where the originals), alternator, oil filter housing (old one was cracked and leaking badly) and both front wheel bearings

Not near as nice as others that I have seen around this site, but still pretty clean for the year. The sport seats have already been reupholstered and cleaned up really nicely.

My other guilty pleasure, and my first obsession when it comes to cars-
[WARNING- MERCEDES CONTENT BELOW!]
My 1993 Mercedes 190E 2.6 with Sportline suspension package

Twichel04

Re: Twichel04's 325is

Postby Adam » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:07 pm

All nice cars, and welcome to the Tech! The reupholstered seats look good.
Braking wastes momentum.
Adam

1997 Figaro

Postby DEFKON99 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:09 pm

Welcome to the Tech Rich!! Glad to have Another member who is Very Knowledgeable in mechanics!
Edge one looks like that stupid cube you buy to reset the brake pistons on doo doo cars -Proctor750

DEFKON99
Site Admin

1993 BMW 3 Series

Postby Twichel04 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:37 pm

Thanks for the welcome! To be honest, the main reason I got this car, was because of the gas mileage (and the nice styling, of course, lol) I had a Jeep Cherokee that I traded for this, it got horrible gas mileage... and with a baby on the way, and going back to school for my EMT cert. something with twice the MPG of the jeep was required.

I have never been a huge fan of BMW, BUT I will say, the more I drive it, the more It is growing on me. :)
Twichel04

Postby 4banger » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:45 pm

welcome
spec stage1 clutch, ltw flywheel, raceland coilovers, welded diff, dinan chip Image
4banger

Return to Member Projects