e36-tech.com • View topic - Cleaning Dove...

Cleaning Dove...

Don't go around looking like a filthy hobo, keep your E36 looking its finest with advice and techniques on bringing out the greatest shine and radiance from your car's paint and upholstery.

Cleaning Dove...

Postby Bimmer325 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:04 am

Is there a product or something I can use to just clean up a Dove interior without going all out on it with Leatherique or an equivalent. Its just become really dirty and Im not going to totally detail it again until spring probably, but want to just clean it right now very basic.
Bimmer325

1998 Almera

Re: Cleaning Dove...

Postby Patrón » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:20 am

Bimmer325 wrote:Is there a product or something I can use to just clean up a Dove interior without going all out on it with Leatherique or an equivalent. Its just become really dirty and Im not going to totally detail it again until spring probably, but want to just clean it right now very basic.

check out your autozone or pepboys and look for a zymol or meguires 'kit' that usually have a spray type cleaner and then a conditioner. either of those two companies make good stuff.
TRM custom sw~Eurosport carbon 3.5 CAI~Euro 3.5 hfm~21.5# inj.~ BMP merged headers~Eurosport pullies~AAtrackpipe~UUC catback~Zimmerman xdrilled~Axxis pads~Bilstein/H&R sport~GC shims & 96+rtabs~3.38 Motorsport lsd
Patrón

Postby veriest1 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:50 am

Pull their head off then take your thumbs and, while cradling the bird in your hands, and place them on the birds chest. With a tearing motion of sorts working out from the birds sternum you should be able to remove the breast meat rather easily.
"Stg. 3" Vortech @ 17psi
veriest1

1996 Almera

Postby C5aig » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:37 am

I've used Leatherique in the past and even though it's more work, the results are so much better.

That being said I used Zymol on my couch at home and wasn't unhappy with the results.

Personally I don't use Meguires on anything. Do I have a valid reason for not using it... not really, I just don't.
C5aig

Postby nick » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:50 am

I've had really good experiences with lexol in the past...the cleaner suds up very nicely and does a great job of removng dirt and grime. The conditioner leaves the leather smooth like buttah
Nick
WTT d-force ltw5 rims and Sparco Torino II seats - going back to stock. PM for details!

nick

Postby Patrón » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:32 am

veriest1 wrote:Pull their head off then take your thumbs and, while cradling the bird in your hands, and place them on the birds chest. With a tearing motion of sorts working out from the birds sternum you should be able to remove the breast meat rather easily.

:rofl:
TRM custom sw~Eurosport carbon 3.5 CAI~Euro 3.5 hfm~21.5# inj.~ BMP merged headers~Eurosport pullies~AAtrackpipe~UUC catback~Zimmerman xdrilled~Axxis pads~Bilstein/H&R sport~GC shims & 96+rtabs~3.38 Motorsport lsd
Patrón

Postby Molon_Labe » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:29 pm

Zymol FTW!
Molon_Labe

1999 Pintara

Postby damien_ro » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:47 am

veriest1 wrote:Pull their head off then take your thumbs and, while cradling the bird in your hands, and place them on the birds chest. With a tearing motion of sorts working out from the birds sternum you should be able to remove the breast meat rather easily.

can't wait to go dove hunting when I get back from Iraq. And Yeah, this is a good way to start :D
damien_ro

1999 Murano

Postby Vicbowling » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:04 pm

Bizarre. :florian
Vicbowling

Return to Detailing & Auto Body Tech