e36-tech.com • View topic - Paint Color Code Identification (where is it?)

Paint Color Code Identification (where is it?)

Don't go around looking like a filthy hobo, keep your E36 looking its finest with advice and techniques on bringing out the greatest shine and radiance from your car's paint and upholstery.

Paint Color Code Identification (where is it?)

Postby onanysunday » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:30 am

I've looked through the Bentley manual, but haven't been able to find information that specifies where each car's paint code is stamped or printed within the vehicle. My '93 325i is a sort of light bronze/gold color and I need to buy some touch-up paint to cover some small chips and scrapes but I can't seem to find a color match from the dupli-color selection at auto stores just by "eyeballing" them.. Once I have the code, I may be able to shop for touch-up paint online. Does anyone know where each car's paint code is located on the vehicle? Or, does anyone know what color I am talking about and what it is called?
onanysunday

Re: Paint Color Code Identification (where is it?)

Postby DEFKON99 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:37 pm

It's on a sticker affixed to the driver's side shock tower. Usually a 3 digit number, and the color is also written in German.
Edge one looks like that stupid cube you buy to reset the brake pistons on doo doo cars -Proctor750

DEFKON99
Site Admin

1993 BMW 3 Series

Re: Paint Color Code Identification (where is it?)

Postby MIKEGTR » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 am

i think ur car might be kashmir beige...

Open ur bonet and look here.

bimmerblood wrote:i dont smoke pot because im not 13 and i have to accomplish things during the day time
MIKEGTR

1998 Almera

Return to Detailing & Auto Body Tech