DIY on dent pulling?

Don't go around looking like a filthy hobo, keep your E36 looking its finest with advice and techniques on bringing out the greatest shine and radiance from your car's paint and upholstery.

DIY on dent pulling?

Postby nathanlauz » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:43 pm

i have a few dents on my driver side door and front fender and i am having trouble finding a dent puller that will work on the curved panels. i even tried making on but it didnt work so well (luckily im doing body work and then painting cause that was a hell of a scratch. anyone have a diy for door panel dents or a simple solution cause i dont have the money for a pro job
nathanlauz

1994 Pao

Re: DIY on dent pulling?

Postby euro2fast4u » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:25 am

if you can trying removing the door card and using a rubber handled hammer to rub the dents out, i removed a couple dents like that its not perfect it reduces it alot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAdBeu3Z-Vw
"im gonna fuck the integral of your pussy with the derivative of my dick"
euro2fast4u

1993 Fairlady

Postby Ryan328i » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:25 pm

For the dent on the fender, you can remove your corner turn signal light and stick some sort of rod into it to pry out the dent. like euro said its not perfect but its pretty good. I had one from some fat ass sitting on my car...
Rollin Stock Like A Big Shot

Ryan328i

Postby nathanlauz » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:52 am

thanks for the advice. i have 1 piece lights so its real easy to get back there. i now have something to do this weekend
nathanlauz

1994 Pao

Postby BLAZNM3 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:01 pm

I know this is an old post but I specialize in body work. Using a body pick might be able to work for you if you can wedge one in there and work the dent out little by little for paintless. But if you are going to repaint. Take a 5 inch grinder and buff then cross cut about a 4 inch area around the dent. Then rent a stud gun/nail gun. That welds the flat end of a specific nail to the low spot of the dent. Then you can take the sliding rod hammer and pull the dent out. Little body hammer taping to work out any indirect damage from the dent. and you should be good. Its up to how good you do it will depend if you need filler.
BLAZNM3

1999 Leopard

Return to Detailing & Auto Body Tech